This is my online magazine for all the various projects involving visual effects I am currently involved in as they happen.
In addition to movie props/costumes or animation and digital compositing work, I'll occasionally post pics of my custom toys and minatures.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Walking Tube characters from Buck Rogers short

Someone asked me about the walking characters briefly seen in the walking tube during the rocketship return home scene. These were the first characters I made back in 07 for one of my 3d modeling class. For the movie I just gave them a simple Biped pre-programmed walk cycle. The Martian was actually a project to see if we could creat an interesting character with only simple shapes and nearly zero modeling.
The female I called Maria from my fav movie Fritz Langs Metropolis, and the robot in need of a bath I called Patbot. I do plan to make a toy out of the Martian one of these days soon.
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment